Subject: package interuptus
To: tech-pkg@netbsd.org <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: gkrall <gkrall@pmi-kc.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/2000 13:24:03
This is a MIME-encapsulated message
If you read this, you may want to switch to a better mailer
--__==========00000000030380==pmi-kc.com==__

*This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*
--__==========00000000030380==pmi-kc.com==__

*This message was received using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*
--__==========00000000030380==pmi-kc.com==__

Yellow,

I've noticed that if I start a pkg_add command and that pkg depends on
other pkgs, and if the modem drops line some where on the 2nd or 3rd
dependent 5meg pkg I loose & have to start over.  Is there a way to
resume a stalled pkg_add command so that time/bandwidth isn't wasted?
I'm sittin' behind a router, eg:

[modem]---[IP router box]---[HUB]--[NetBSD Box]
                             | |
                             | +---[Other box]

                             +-----[Other box]

I've successfully reget an ftp item before and wondered if there was an
analog in the package system?  Since pkg_add uses anon ftp could this
functionallity be added by tracking whats been DL'ed (and what the temp
file name is) and issuing a reget type command in the pkg that didn't
complete?

Gerald
--__==========00000000030380==pmi-kc.com==__--