Subject: Re: pkg/9124: rar package does not build on i386
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/2000 19:57:32
Mutt made be believe that Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> Not a good idea. You might want to make the binary package on one
> machine, and use it on another. I'm thinking bulk builds. Plus, you
> can always update your kernel later. Go with the pkg/MESSAGE.

Just for completeness' sake:
The program in question is distributed as a self-extracting archive
that needs the COMPAT_ options to even extract. And making binary
packages is disabled because we are only allowed to distribute the
unmodified original package.

Making a binary package for this program would be wasted time anyway,
since it already _is_ a binary package ;-) Though not in NetBSD
standard format.

Bye,
 Thomas

--