Subject: Re: pkg/9124: rar package does not build on i386
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/08/2000 17:23:05
Mutt made be believe that mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:
> some of our other packages that need specific kernel options put a notice
> to that effect in pkg/MESSAGE so its sure to be seen when you try and
> install it.  Perhaps some explicit notes there would be good.

I did that some hours ago, and closed the pr, too.

But I think Martin's point was _if we could test_ if the COMPAT_
options are enabled in the current kernel, so that we can terminate
installation if they aren't (and don't get a weird error executing a
binary that's not supported by the kernel).

So, is this possible?

Bye,
 Thomas

--