Subject: Re: tcl split [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2000 10:57:26
* Hubert Feyrer (feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de) [000107 09:39]:
| On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Matthias Drochner wrote:
| > Added Files:
| > 	pkgsrc/lang/tclman80/pkg: COMMENT DESCR PLIST
|
| IMHO tcl80 and tcl80-man would have been more sane.
| (or even better: tcl80-bin, tcl80-man, and a tcl80 that pulls them both
| in)

I guess the idea behind that was, that you can use a simple pattern
to match tclman80, tclman82 and in February tclman83. The same applies
to tk, where we might run into problems, if the match would be something
like tk*-man and tk*-bin. Just image a package tkxyz, that gets split
into tkxyz-man and tkxyz-bin. Suddenly the match, that was supposed for
major versions, applies to the xyz name as well.

Bye, Bjoern

P.S.: Thanks for the examples. I'll use them for tk.

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)