Subject: pkg/DESCR contents
To: None <>
From: Thomas Klausner <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/06/2000 23:56:29

It seems wrong to me that the names and email addresses of the porters
of some packages are in the resp. pkg/DESCR-files. Is there a
consensus on that we don't need them there? There's always the nice
MAINTAINER line in the Makefile...

Examples: audio/festival, audio/amp and others.

What is supposed to be in the DESCR anyway?
o License details?  (my guess: no)
o The name of the program/version number? (no?)
o Its author? (no?)
o Feature lists? (yes)
o Porters notes? (no)

If you don't know why I'm asking, check for example
audio/*/pkg/DESCR. Most of them are okay, but some are not what I'd

Thomas Klausner -
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und
das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt. (found on /.)