Subject: Re: Distributing new source using the package system
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/06/2000 14:13:12
On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, David Brownlee wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > Looks like IRIX is off. We just lost the box to another group. :-( And
> > right after I'd gotten bmake ported. :-(
> >
> 	The diffs would probably make a good starting point for anyone
> 	interested in getting pkgsrc working on IRIX at a later date -
> 	it might make sense to keep the availble in zoularis or wherever

All I'd done so far was to get our make to compile. I'll check the changes
in. They were fairly minor, and both in util.c:

#include <time.h>		near the top

add && !defined(__sgi)		to the strftime #if line.

The only other change I had to make was that IRIX 6.4 doesn't have vfork,
so I made a vfork routine which just called fork(). I'm not sure if that's
the right thing to do. Since IRIX is up to 6.5.6, I'll hold off on that
because I don't think 6.4 is the version we'll port to. :-)

Take care,

Bill