Subject: Re: pkglibtool question
To: NetBSD packages <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/05/2000 17:09:32
Hello...

* Bjoern Labitzke (hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de) [000103 19:54]:
| pkglibtool-ELF-1.2p2: link: libtool library `libtcl82.la' may not depend on uninstalled libraries: libtclstub82.la
| *** Error code 1

I dug deeper in the problem and at least found a definite answer, though
I don't like it: The libtool documentation states, that this problem
will be solved in version 1.4 of libtool (linking libraries to not
yet installed libraries). As I just checked libtool 1.3.4 is out since
December, 8th. pkglibtool is based on GNUlibtool 1.2 (or at least that is
what pkglibtool --version tells me). So even an update would not help
me yet.

Therefor another question: Any ideas, how I can solve the problem?
I have a shared library built with pkglibtool and want to build
another one, that links with the first. Of course I can't install
the first library yet, because I am still at the compiling stage
and there was no make install for the package issued yet.

I have not checked if it might work, but would it be ok to delay the
build of some components (the second library and perhaps some
programs) until the install phase? Or would that disrupt the
package idea?

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)