Subject: Re: Distributing new source using the package system
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2000 22:08:21
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> We're bundling up a bunch of the utilities, programs, and libraries we've
> developed as part of an in-house project. I'm trying to figure out what we
> want to use to distribute them.
>
> We need to support building on NetBSD, Solaris, and IRIX. I'd like to use
> the package system, but I don't think we support IRIX at the moment. What
> would be required?

to support IRIX with the package system, at the very least, grep for SunOS
in /usr/pkgsrc/mk to see what was done for Solaris support.

You'd also probably need a BSD "make" and definately need to make sure
that /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install all works.

There may be more, but these are what come to mind at first.

-Dan