Subject: Re: RESTRICTED binary packages on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/1999 22:58:14
abs@netbsd.org (David Brownlee) writes:
>	What specific test should be used to determine when a package
>	should not be made available on ftp.netbsd.org? If the Makefile
>	contains RESTRICTED?

Testing for RESTRICTED in the Makefile isn't enough.  bsd.pkg.mk sets
RESTRICTED automatically when KERBEROS is enabled.  And only the
kerberised pkg is restricted.  Hmm... Looks like LICENCE and KERBEROS
is supposed to be recorded in the BUILD_INFO for the binary pkg (The
LICENCE for my ssh pkg isn't useful, though).  You could check for that
in the actual binary pkg.

Maybe we should put RESTRICTED into the BUILD_INFO too and be done with
it.

>	    qpopper-2.53

At least this one is likely to be a false positive.  It becomes restricted
only if it is compiled with Kerberos support enabled.  I assume Kimmo missed
that one when he rototilled the Kerberos stuff.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)