Subject: Re: mozilla?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/29/1999 20:33:41
On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Simon Burge wrote:
> Is anyone playing with a current version of Mozilla at the moment?  I've
> got the ``milestone 12'' tarball compiled on NetBSD/alpha, and am just
> about to start looking at why it doesn't run :-(

I tried compiling the latest Mozilla from CVS a couple days ago... on
NetBSD/i386, I ended up with an executable that hangs before putting up
any windows (most of the Test* programs work, but TestThreads and
TestProtocols hang). On NetBSD/alpha, I ended up with an executable that
crashes with a SIGSEGV (TestFactory crashes too). BTW, is it just me, or
does gdb on NetBSD/alpha not work very well... I seem to step into
_PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_() all the time.

Haven't had time to look into it much more... I was successful in
getting Mozilla compiled and running on i386 and m68k back around June
though.