Subject: problems with glade
To: pkgsrc <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/29/1999 23:40:01
Hello,

What is the proper list to discuss end-user problems with pkgsrc applications?

I installed glade 0.5.3 on NetBSD 1.4.1 / i386.  Installation worked OK, but
when I try to build applications designed with glade, I get error messages
and I don't know why.

First, I create a GUI using glade.  Then I use the Build button in glade to
create the source files and other stuff.  So far, so good.  But when I run
autogen.sh, I get this:

**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
āutogen.sh' command line.

processing .
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
You should update your own 'aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
the directory `/aclocal'
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro 'AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 17: macro 'AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu  ...
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
macros/Makefile.am:32: INSIDE_GNOME_COMMON does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
src/Makefile.am:15: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
src/Makefile.am:15: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined
src/Makefile.am:15: variable 'INTLLIBS' not defined
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings ...
creating cache ./config.cache
./configure: 523: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

What am I doing wrong?  I e-mailed to gtk list and was told that it should
work like this.. :-I

Thanks,

  -jm