Subject: Re: beroftp [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/1999 08:45:08
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> > Disable beroftpd and mark as "superceded by wu-ftpd".
>
> Um, how can one ftpd supercede another one?
> This seems wrong to me...

  beroftpd, like wu-ftpd-vr, was a daemon based on the plain wu-ftpd
with a set of patches to fix bugs and introduce new features.  Since
wu-ftpd-2.6.0 has all features of both beroftpd and wu-ftpd-vr
incorporated both have been discontinued (at the moment).

  I have no idea if either beroftpd or wu-ftpd-vr will be revived to
include post-2.6.0 features, therefore I disabled the packages rather
than removing them.  However, if the feeling is that we should remove
them altogether, that's fine with me ...

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene