Subject: Re: smtpfeed & mailer.conf [was: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc]
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/1999 13:15:33
>> be more friendly with mailwrapper(8) when installing sendmail.
>> XXX maybe we should install sendmail into /usr/pkg/somewhere, and let
>> the user edit /etc/mailer.conf?  I'm not really sure what is the best route.
>Having sendmail in pkgsrc may be nice (people may decide here).
>We could distribute example mailer.conf files with pkgsrc, like
>mailer.conf-sendmail, mailer.conf-smtpfeed, mailer.conf-whatever,
>and people could just copy/link to /etc/mailer.conf.
>(Solaris does this with /etc/nsswitch.conf*)

	I'm happy with having sendmail (8.9.x or 8.10.x) in pkgsrc.  8.10.x
	has IPv6 support by default so it would be real nice.  I'll try to
	do this.

	smtpfeed wants sendmail with specific patch, so this is a bit
	separate problem - pkgsrc/mail/smtpfeed needs to build sendmail
	anyways (or make it depend to pkgsrc/mail/wide-patched-sendmail).

itojun