Subject: Re: make install does nothing (was Re: My prayers have been heared!)
To: None <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/24/1999 16:16:05
> > When I do a make in: /usr/src/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
> > it compiled okay, but "make install" returns immediately
>
> Maybe there is a flag file around from a previous install,
> causing make to think the install is already done. Try
>
> make cleandir && make install
>
> The flags are hidden files in <package_dir>/work/.<whatever> in
> case you're curious and didn't know already.

Hm, the reason is probably rather that the installation database
that the package tools build and use has already registered this
package as installed.  To fix that problem, do

	make deinstall (or ``pkg_delete pkgtools-<version>'')

followed by

	make install

or "make update" (which should take care of both of these).

Regards,

- H=E5vard