Subject: RESTRICTED binary packages on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/1999 22:02:54
	What specific test should be used to determine when a package
	should not be made available on ftp.netbsd.org? If the Makefile
	contains RESTRICTED?

	I've added a -R flag to lintpkgsrc, which lists any RESTRICTED
	binary packages.

	Currently we have 157 flagged entries on ftp.netbsd.org (many
	are symlinks) which boil down to the following:

	    hpack-0.79
	    mush-7.2.6.b4
	    mutt-1.0
	    nte-1.5a23
	    qpopper-2.53
	    rat-3.0.28
	    rc5des-0.4
	    rman-3.0.6
	    socks4-2.2
	    socks5-1.0.2
	    ssh-1.2.27
	    tracker-5.3
	    unzip-5.40
	    vnc-3.3.3
	    xfmail-1.3
	    zip-2.3
	    zip1-1.1

	Does this look reasonable to people - has it any false positives?

	Also, as regards the crypto related packages, would there be any
	sense in creating a different dir for them on ftp.netbsd.org?

	To see the full list run ~abs/publintpkgsrc on ftp.netbsd.org
	    (which just runs /home/abs/lintpkgsrc.pl -P \
	    /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc -K /pub/NetBSD/packages -R)

		David/absolute