Subject: Re: vim pkg again
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/1999 20:59:36
On Mon Dec 20 1999 at 11:43:05 -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:

> one possible option.. would be to make them not conflict.. but install
> binaries named "vim-gtk".  And supply a "vim" script that could call
> the appropriate one.  Or possibly just naming them "vim" "gvim" "xvim"
> ?

That is possible also. It would require that for a gui and non-gui
version of vim one would have to build vim twice. Also, one would not
get the same behaviour as with non-pkgized vim, which starts non-gui
version with 'vim' and a gui version with 'vim -g' or 'gvim', regardless
of which widget set was used.

> Just an idea..  Doesn't really matter to me either way.

I'd rather try to avoid this unless there is someone to whom it actually
matters ;)

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o