Subject: Re: Wine-991212
To: None <rh@vip.at>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/17/1999 06:19:46
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Rene Hexel wrote:

> Kazuki Sakamoto wrote:
>
> > I've update wine-current for Wine-991212.
> > This version is able to compile even with i386-current/ELF.
> > But, doesn't work correctly :-(

I've got a better patch for dsound_main.c, which checks and uses
HAVE_SOUNDCARD_H, but what's the point if it doesn't work anyway?

>   IIRC, newer versions of Wine require threads that NetBSD doesn't
> support yet ...

The coda project has split off an "lwp" package, which builds and
works (with coda) on NetBSD-1.4.1. As near as I can tell, it's not yet
listed on the web page <http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/mirrors.html>, but
anyone could follow the directions for anoncvs, only checkout (the
unlisted) "lwp" module. I haven't been able to get wine to use it--it
seems to need some glue--but perhaps it could be made to work.