Subject: Re: pkg/8982: change in pkg_install breaks third party product packaging
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/11/1999 22:40:50
Hubert Feyrer writes:
- On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- > - #if defined( __NetBSD__)
- > - PKG_SOURCE_SWITCH=	-L		# or whatever  - your choice
- :)
- > - #elif defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__OpenBSD__)
- > - PKG_SOURCE_SWITCH=	-s
- > - #endif
- > -
- > - and use that then below.
- >
- > 	Which is pretty much what I'll do.
-
- OK, sorry for not offering a better solution here.
- Is the pkg_create -L switch ok for you, reintroducing what was
- -s before?

	It'll work.  Having the functionality is _extremely_
useful to us..

- Any input on this from the tech-pkg folks? :)

	I haven't heard anything..  And I've even subscribed to
the list..

- > 	As I said, I hadn't reported it as I wasn't able to
- > offer a fix.  As it stands, it's a minor annoyance when doing
- > test installs on the build machines..  When I get a chance to
- > track it down, and propose a fix, I certainly will.
-
- Shouldn't be too hard to prepend the Src/-L prefix instead of the real
- prefix to pkgdb, if available...

	Actually, I don't think it should get entered into the
pkgdb at all, since it's not being installed on the system, just
packaged. (aka, from a collection of files and directories into
a bundle that can be installed via pkg_add.)

	Something for me to look into when I have time.. :-)

	Thanks,
		Eric

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of APL, I shall