Subject: Howto use RESTRICTED?
To: None <>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/1999 10:33:48

I've got a package which stipulates

* no commercial use * no sale * circulate freely *

What are the valid expressions for 'RESTRICTED' in the packages
Makefile? When I ran pkglint it prompted me to

WARN: "RESTRICTED" found. do not forget to update ports/LEGAL.

What needs to be done here? Searching NetBSD's website didn't reveal
anything new to me.

For now it is set to

RESTRICTED=     "'No commercial use and distribution'"

Any suggestions?

cheerio Berndt
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  :             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes
ICQ     : 18196098                     |  VK5ABN, Nairne, South Australia
URL     : | MBOX :
Sysinfo : DEC AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.4    | BBS  : vk5abn.#lmr.#sa.aus.oc