Subject: Re: cdrecord and /dev/su-X-Y-Z
To: None <,,>
From: None <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/1999 16:05:14
>From Fri Nov 19 14:43:12 1999

>i discovered recently that one doesn't have to have a /dev/suS-Y-Z symlink
>to /dev/cd0d and use "dev=0,Y,0" on the cdrecord command line, but that
>just "dev=/dev/cd0d" is enough.

creating such a symlink is wrong in any case!
/dev/su* is a device driver that unfortunately is not port of a standard kernel.

>Am I missing something here, or can I just remove everything regarding
>/dev/su* from our cdrecord packages?

If NetBSD includes /dev/su* you may even be able to scan the bus.

Jörg (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling