Subject: Re: OpenSSH package
To: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/1999 10:03:19
David Rankin wrote:

> Is anyone working on putting together an OpenSSH package? I've looked a
> bit at the FreeBSD port, which is pretty rough, not to mention utterly
> dependant on cvs for file retreval. Unless someone else is interested
> in doing this port, I am considering basing the package on the Linux
> port, if for no other reason than it keeps from downloading 20+ files
> of indeterminite version number.

I've started looking at it, and agree that things are "not optimal".  My
first thought was to create a tar file of the current cvs version (I've
got an openssh-19991118.tar.gz) and put it on ftp.au.netbsd.org where
we don't have export controls (I've still to ask core member and ftp.au
owner Luke if this is ok!), and have the package retreive that.  I got
as far as typing "make install" in pkgsrc/security/openssl before I went
to sleep last night :-)

I'd still need someone to test RSAREF and kerberos support (all the US
type thingies) - would you be able to do that?

Simon.