Subject: Re: OpenSSH package
To: David Rankin <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/1999 10:03:19
David Rankin wrote:

> Is anyone working on putting together an OpenSSH package? I've looked a
> bit at the FreeBSD port, which is pretty rough, not to mention utterly
> dependant on cvs for file retreval. Unless someone else is interested
> in doing this port, I am considering basing the package on the Linux
> port, if for no other reason than it keeps from downloading 20+ files
> of indeterminite version number.

I've started looking at it, and agree that things are "not optimal".  My
first thought was to create a tar file of the current cvs version (I've
got an openssh-19991118.tar.gz) and put it on where
we don't have export controls (I've still to ask core member and
owner Luke if this is ok!), and have the package retreive that.  I got
as far as typing "make install" in pkgsrc/security/openssl before I went
to sleep last night :-)

I'd still need someone to test RSAREF and kerberos support (all the US
type thingies) - would you be able to do that?