Subject: Re: xpm from pkgsrc
To: Matthew Orgass <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/12/1999 20:54:12
In article <>,
	Matthew Orgass <> writes:
> I'm trying to compile fvwm2 from the packages, and I'm hitting a
> problem when it tries to compile xpm:
> gccmakedep -f-  -- -I.  -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DCSRG_BASED   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO       -- data.c create.c misc.c rgb.c scan.c parse.c hashtab.c        CrBufFrI.c CrDatFrP.c CrPFrBuf.c RdFToI.c WrFFrI.c      CrBufFrP.c CrIFrBuf.c CrPFrDat.c RdFToP.c WrFFrP.c      CrDatFrI.c CrIFrDat.c RdFToDat.c WrFFrDat.c     Attrib.c CrIFrP.c CrPFrI.c Image.c Info.c RdFToBuf.c WrFFrBuf.c > .depend
> mktemp: not found
> *** Error code 1
> If I just type make in graphics/xpm/work/xpm-3.4k, it seems to
> compile correctly. Anybody know why gccmakedep can't seem to
> find mktemp?

With X11 compiled from the correct sources it wouldn't try to use it at

> Is there an ``official'' way to get past this dependency without
> changing the makefile?

Use NetBSD's X11 sources, not the one distributed by the XFree86 people.
You can download them under this URL:

[Yes, these sources work under NetBSD 1.4 and 1.4.1, too.]

A precompiled snapshot is available here:

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler