Subject: Re: Suggested change to README.html generation: tables for binaries
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/1999 21:03:45
On 8 Nov 1999, Nathan J. Williams wrote:

> That said, I'm going to get back to futzing with this, hopefully
> making a more non-table-happy version. Someone in this thread talked
> about making tables that render gracefully as non-tables; I'd
> appreciate suggestions on practical ways of doing that.

if its a server side hack, I'm not too thrilled because if you grab a
snapshot of pkgsrc you might want to follow the README.html's on your
local machine, ie file:// URL's.  If it can be done in HTML, I'm ok with
it.

> >oh, yes.  Perhaps the line should read
> >m68k (amiga,hp300,mac68k,sun3):
>
> I'd do this more like:
>
> amiga, hp300, mac68k, next68k, sun3 (m68k architecture):
>
> to make it easier for those less well versed in processor
> compatibility and our exploitation of such to find things.

yep, I like that way better too.  Since we have like 8 or so arch's which
are m68k, this should condense things a lot.

-Dan