Subject: Re: packages directory
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/29/1999 03:59:04
On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 email@example.com wrote:
> I'll give it about a day or so and unless I get major objections, make the
1. What you want can be put into /etc/mk.conf right now, too.
2. I see no use to encode the OS version there for individual users.
Esp. people running current will end up with many unneeded subdirs
in which packages are put.
3. For the architecture, I'd like to see that put in if OBJMACHINE is set.
Anyone dealing with multiple machine who didn't set this will have
a problem sooner or later anyways.
4. Did you test what will happen if we switch that variable to
5. Esp., did you test if, if there's no directory, it will be
6. What documentation will need updating for this?
Last, I'd prefer not to get into the "shout NOW or I'll shoot!" mentality
with any proposals here. We've had that often enough here, and most of
the time it had suboptimal results. Thanks.
NetBSD - Better for your uptime than Viagra