Subject: perl location?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/1999 12:04:41
I have recently run into an incompatibility concerning where
postgresql expects perl to be located.  Before I resolve the issue
with them, I want to make sure we haven't moved the perl binary
around.

I know the perl package currently installs the binary as
${PREFIX}/bin/perl (and as perl5.00404).  This also seems to be the
default for perl in general (i.e., there don't appear to be any
patches or Makefile additions that suggest a location specific for
NetBSD).

Has this always been the case?  Was the perl binary ever installed as
perl5 instead of perl?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook