Subject: perl location?
To: None <>
From: Brook Milligan <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/1999 12:04:41
I have recently run into an incompatibility concerning where
postgresql expects perl to be located.  Before I resolve the issue
with them, I want to make sure we haven't moved the perl binary

I know the perl package currently installs the binary as
${PREFIX}/bin/perl (and as perl5.00404).  This also seems to be the
default for perl in general (i.e., there don't appear to be any
patches or Makefile additions that suggest a location specific for

Has this always been the case?  Was the perl binary ever installed as
perl5 instead of perl?

Thanks for your help.