Subject: gnome-libs on alpha
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/18/1999 22:00:48
Folks,

I wanted to try gnumeric on my alpha, and was a little unhappy that the
gnome-libs Makefile had

	NOT_FOR_PLATFORM=    *-*-alpha       # problems with gtk

in it - so I just commented it out :-)  I fixed all the build warnings
(90% of which were fixed with a "#include <string.h>") and I can do
basic stuff with gnumeric and it hasn't dumped a core on me yet.

Does anyone know what the "problems with gtk" were?  Todd Vierling added
the line - I haven't cc'd or asked him directly because he doesn't seem
to be active on the NetBSD front at the moment.

Simon.