Subject: Re: PR 7649 (gtk.m4 installed into wrong place)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/13/1999 22:08:26
Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de> writes:
> lamj@stat.cmu.edu (Johnny C. Lam) writes:
>
> >It would be much cooler to patch autoconf to pass additional -Idir
> >flags to gm4.
>
> Well, that's another solution.  But I don't like the fact that you
> then have to run autoconf on any pkg that uses GNU configure.  Of course,
> someone could go and test if we get any backlash from autoconf version
> skew.

Not every package that uses GNU configure would need to do this.  Only
those packages which explicitly run autoconf to generate a new
configure script and which use gtk.m4 will be affected, but then
they're already rerunning autoconf anyway, so we feed them an extra
option to look in other places.  Or maybe we should have a pkgautoconf
that does the right thing for pkgsrc and looks in LOCALBASE and
X11BASE by default.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/