Subject: Re: using NetBSD pkgsrc on Linux/Solaris
To: None <,>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/12/1999 17:21:01
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:45:50 +0900 wrote:

> 	Sorry for dumb question....
> 	Looking at, the pkgsrc collection seess to work on Linux
> 	and Solaris.  Are there any instructions on doing these?  A friend

I have running on Linux, but only the parts I need. Here is
what I did:
  1. grap the *.mk files from NetBSD.
  2. grab /usr/src/??/make from NetBSD, because I coudn't finde a ake
     version on Linux that could process that Makefile.
  3. Replaced all hard coded absolute pathname with variables.

Now I can compile, but not install, because I didn't have done the pkg-tools.

PS: Sorry for the late answer, dosen't read mails the last 6 weeks.