Subject: xxgdb
To: NetBSD Package <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: John A. Maier <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/1999 00:30:36
I'm not sure how to catagorize this,

I have been trying to use xxgdb under both 1.4 and 1.4.1 (seperate installs)

When xxgdb starts, it displays:

<copyright info omitted>
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsd"...
(xxgdb) xxgdb error: output from "show directories
" command is not recognized.
show directories^M
show directories^M^M
Source directories searched: $cdir:$cwd^M
xxgdb error: output from "show directories
" command is not recognized.
show directories^M^M
Source directories searched: $cdir:$cwd^M
xxgdb error: output from "pwd
" command is not recognized.
pwd^M^M
Working directory /usr/pkgsrc/jam/licq/work/licq-0.70.1/src.^M
list ,main^M^M
xxgdb error: output from "info line
" command is not recognized.
info line^M^M

I took a xxgdb I compiled and used (with great success) under 1.3.2 and ran it,
it failed with the same errors.

So is gdb outputing bad stuff or does xxgdb not know how to handle some 'new'
stuff?

So is this xxgdb or gdb?  Anyone else run into this?  I'm sorry if this is a
bit off topic, but I'm not sure if it's in the package or not.  I want to send
a pr if needed, but on the right topic.

--
John A. Maier
Kemper Military School and College