Subject: Re: Mesa-glx versus xlockmore?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/1999 11:16:21
On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 01:34:57AM -0400, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> > Hm. Well, having "GLX_CHIPSET=tnt" in /etc/mk.conf didn't seem to do the
> > trick. I'll bang on it tomorrow, I guess, and see what's not happening.
>
> It did for me.
[...]
> What could be happening is you install Mesa-glx-tnt-*, and then build/install
> xlockmore, which causes the Mesa-3.0 to be installed.  Your end result is
> software GL again. :)

I'll try this again, then. I've built the Riva stuff from scratch, so I'll have
that to try if this still fails. I'd much rather have the package work, of
course... Hm. I'll have to have a friend of mine do this too, since he also
has a Riva card. He'll want to have acceleration going anyway, I expect.

Thanks kindly for the tip. :)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.