Subject: Mesa-glx versus xlockmore?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/1999 14:19:02
Hi.

I've just installed Mesa-glx and xlockmore. I have a Riva TNT graphics card.
I was previously seeing acceleration with hand-built (using the instructions
that were floating around a while back) libraries. I was, I believe, even
seeing acceleration after rebuilding X recently, moving up to... 3.3.5? How-
ever, this morning I build Mesa-glx and xlockmore from pkgsrc, and I'm now
seeing a distinct lack of acceleration.

I've got

Section "Module"
  Load "glx.so"
EndSection

in my XF86Config, and the module appears to be where it's supposed to be.

One thing I see now that I don't ever remember seeing before is:

ac3 /home/mason$ xlock -mousemotion -lockdelay 60 -mode gears
@@Created GLX Context..

I don't remember seeing this "@@Created GLX Context.." ever before.

Anyway, I'm going to try rebuilding a couple ways, and I'll manually clear
everything out before I do so, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has en-
countered this as yet. Thanks in advance for information!

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.