Subject: Re: apache/php/mysql
To: Michael Santos <mike@ethmoid.org>
From: Eirik Nicolai Synnes <eirikns@ifi.uio.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/1999 16:24:26
Michael Santos <mike@ethmoid.org> wrote:

>Is anybody using mysql w/ php3 successfully out of the box from pkgsrc?

>I'm seeing the following error:

>Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_pconnect() in
>./mysql.php3 on line 15

I have not looked too closely at the apache/php3 packages yet so I am not
100% sure how they are set up, but I can't see the php3-mysql package
telling apache or php3 that there's a mysql module around.

The error you quote is what you would get if the mysql extension has not
been loaded into memory. You probably just need to add something like

  if(!dl("mysql.so")) {
    echo "Could not load mysql module.\n";
    exit;
  }

to your script. You can also force loading of specified modules at startup
in php3.ini, httpd.conf or .htaccess. Look under Extension Loading
Directives at

  http://www.php.net/manual/configuration.php3

There's a also section on MySQL specific directives.