Subject: Re: change to makepatchsum
To: None <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@ftp.netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/1999 01:02:05
> Anyone not happy with the following change to makepatchsum, so that it
> doesn't update the patchsum file if none of the sums change?

The only reason that I'm not happy with this is that I can't see
any reason for it.  If the patches haven't changed, then there's
no reason to regenerate the patch-sum file.  If they have changed,
then the new patch-sum file will need to be generated or the new
patches will not be applied. The only time I did a mass generation
of patch-sum files was when I generated them in the first place.

Obviously I'm missing something here.

So why is this patch necessary?

Regards,
Alistair