Subject: Re: mutt & colors - how?
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Jeff Rizzo <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/23/1999 18:07:18
On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 02:49:18AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> Well, subject says it pretty much all: How do I get mutt to use colors?
> I'm using the X that comes with 1.4. (I thought mutt would auto-detect
> this, as cam works fine, but this doesn't seem to be the case).

I just did this, so check the following:

1.  You're using rxvt rather than xterm.  (Std. xterm doesn't support color)
2.  ncurses is v4.2 (I don't think the old 1.9.9 pkg works)
3.  you've set up color in your .muttrc .  (The defaults don't do anything)
4.  Your term type supports color.  I use "kterm" with rxvt, as that's
    what the rxvt package seems to supply)

Hope this helps.

Jeff Rizzo