Subject: Re: pkgsrc-current supported on 1.3.X?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/1999 20:27:23
Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> > I believe I've always deinstalled the amanda pkg before recompiling it.
> Oh?  Isn't that rather dangerous?  I mean if the new build fails,
> you'd be unable to do backups until it was sorted out.

It's completely safe because I only install binary packages on
production machines, which means I can just reinstall the old version.
That's why binary packages are a very important feature to me.

And, of course, you have to be really careful when you upgrade something
as critical as your backup system.

Christoph Badura

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)