Subject: another pkgsrc hier level (was Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/1999 14:30:36
I agree, there are definately times when it would be nice to have one more
level of hierarchy, ie, catergory/program for the program and
catergory/program-modules/{mod1,mod2,...} for each of the optional
modules.  This (textproc/ted) is a good example.  Some of the www/ap-*
packages could also maybe be good candidates, same for lang/php3-*.  I
don't understand enough of the inner workings of either the pkg_* tools or
the pkgsrc/mk/* makefiles to know what that would take.

-Dan