Subject: Re: gettext and libintl
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/1999 06:13:10
On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> I've been trying to get multi-lingual support working for one of the
> ham ports, but fail to get automake/autoconf to configure the Makefile
> to include the -lintl flag.
>
> The current Makefile.am contains the following lines:
>
> [...]
> tnt_LDADD = @INTLLIBS@ @INTLOBJS@
> tntc_LDADD = @INTLLIBS@
> localedir = $(datadir)/locale
> INCLUDES = -I../intl -DLOCALEDIR=\"$(localedir)\"

Makefile.am is hopefully included only for reference. Unless you
really need to regen Makefile.in, you may be able to just patch it so
localedir=$(prefix)/share/locale, as is done in devel/maketool and
x11/gtk. If you must run auto[re]conf, then you must patch
Makefile.am, but sometimes trying to regen configure et. al.
introduces additional problems.

Not sure what's really wrong with configure and $(datadir).