Subject: gettext and libintl
To: None <>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/19/1999 17:31:21

I've been trying to get multi-lingual support working for one of the
ham ports, but fail to get automake/autoconf to configure the Makefile
to include the -lintl flag.

The current contains the following lines:

localedir = $(datadir)/locale
INCLUDES = -I../intl -DLOCALEDIR=\"$(localedir)\"

resulting in

tnt_LDADD =
tntc_LDADD =

libintl doesn't get defined and consequently the build fails.

Do I need AC_CHECK_LIB(intl) in The automake reference manual
mentions AM_GNU_GETTEXT which I've included in

Sysinfo: NetBSD-1.4-i386, ecgs-1.1.1, automake-1.4, autoconf-2.13,

Anyone with some ideas who can help me out?

Many thanks in advance

cheerio Berndt
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  :             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes
ICQ     : 18196098                     |  VK5ABN, Nairne, South Australia
URL     : | MBOX :
Sysinfo : DEC AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.4    | BBS  : vk5abn.#lmr.#sa.aus.oc