Subject: Re: PostgreSQL
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/18/1999 13:32:09
> I know that 6.5.2 will be out shortly but if someone can check out the
> package at we could
> get 6.5.1 going and have ELF support.  Later, going to 6.5.2 should
> be trivial.
> Then perhaps someone can look at PR6971 and put my PyGreSQL package up
> as well.
> If there is some reason not to put these packages up I would really
> prefer that someone tell me why so I don't keep wasting my time.  The
> PR was submitted back in February with followups in March and June.
> Thanks.

If anyone can test PostgreSQL-6.5.2 package, please fetch the package
source files from
and extract them into pkgsrc/databases/postgresql (remove the old files

Shared libraries should build with LIBTOOL.  Tested on NetBSD-i386, yet.

BTW: I'm afraid that [Automatic ELF shared object handling] doesn't work
well with libraries contating '+' (and maybe some other characters) in their

		- Adam