Subject: Re: "make update" thought...
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/17/1999 16:05:25
On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 07:40:21AM +0200, Rene Hexel wrote:

>   * A way of fetching files first, before running 'pkg_delete'.
>     This could either be done automatically (through a two-pass
>     mechanism) or through an 'update-fetch-list' target.
>   Any comments?

Right. This was what I was getting at with my initial suggestion - the
ordering of builds doesn't matter as much to me. I just want to see that
somehow nothing is deleted if a particular source file can't be located,
since by definition the makefile and patches and the like that were used
to install the old package are gone. A failure to retrieve a file as it
stands now deletes a working package and prevents the user from reinstalling
it via the package system.

    Mason Loring Bliss  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  only stand on waves.