Subject: Re: Change in enabling Kerberos support
To: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/13/1999 23:09:02
I think the right answer is for the package to enable this appropriately.
For packages that can support both Kerberos IV and Kerberos V I would
recommend enabling both if KERBEROS >= 4.  This would match the behaviour
of the base system (when KERBEROS5=1 is set for it).

Since I was not familiar with all the packages I did what I thought was
a safe approach, i.e. only enable one at a time.  Most of them support
only Kerberos IV at this point, I think.

If you could test fetchmail with both versions enabled and confirm that
it works I'd be happy to adjust the package Makefile accordingly.

Cheers,
+ Kim