Subject: Change in enabling Kerberos support
To: None <>
From: Kimmo Suominen <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/13/1999 22:44:15
Hello all!

Please note the following change in enabling Kerberos support
after you next update your copy of pkgsrc:

1)  If you were using USE_KERBEROS4=yes you will now need to
    set KERBEROS=4 instead.

2)  If you were using USE_KERBEROS5=yes you will now need to
    set KERBEROS=5 instead.

3)  By default KERBEROS is undefined and no Kerberos support
    will be enabled in any packages.

This change is part of making pkgsrc use the same defines as
the base source (EXPORTABLE_SYSTEM and KERBEROS5).  For now
here is an example of what I use:

    .ifndef HOST
    HOST!=			netname

    .if (${HOST} == "") || (${HOST} == "")

    .if !defined(EXPORTABLE_SYSTEM)
    .if (${HOST} == "")
    KERBEROS5=		1
    KERBEROS=		5
    KERBEROS=		4

With this I have no Kerberos support on the machines called poke
and pyry.  I'm testing Kerberos V on milou, and others are using
Kerberos IV.

It is advisable to not set KERBEROS if EXPORTABLE_SYSTEM is set,
so that this single setting will properly build a system that in
fact is exportable.

+ Kim
Kimmo Suominen