Subject: Mozilla build problems (was: Mozilla maintainer wanted)
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/09/1999 23:46:59
In article <>,
	Hubert Feyrer <> writes:
> Our mozilla is >1 year old, and it's currently not maintained due do lack
> of manpower.

The problem is not manpower, it's mozilla itself. I've got a semi complete
milestone 8 package which dies during the build process depending on what
"configure" options I use at different locations due to size changes,
missing references, wrong C++ signatures and other nasty things. Looking
at the FreeBSD port - it sets "USE_NEWGCC" - I get the impression that it
requires the very latest gcc 2.95 to build.

If anyone with more experience in C++ than me wants to take a look you'll
find my unfinished package under this URL:

BTW: make sure that you have about 600MB diskspace available before you
     attempt to build this monster.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler