Subject: Re: Working web browser with 128-bit security in native mode?
To: BSD Packages <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/29/1999 19:09:14
On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Michael Pederson wrote:

> I resorted to patching lynx to use SSLeay/OpenSSL; I tried navigator
> on the SunOS emulation, but it just didn't play nice with a lot of
> other apps on the system.  The patch can be reached via the lynx
> pages, but I no longer recall the details.

The patch is at <http://www.moxienet.com/lynx/>. I've been using a
patched lynx for months. It works fine for shopping. There's one site
I'd like to use, though, that pushes me around to a different host
after authenticating, and that confuses it.

I'd submitted a package, but I fear it's fallen out of date now that
openssl is in crypto-*. I'll have to take a look at the other -ssl
packages to see how that's handled.