Subject: kdevelop
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/12/1999 22:53:39
G'day,

has anyone ported kdevelop-1.0beta1 to the packages tree? I've tried
it last night and found that it almost compiled out of the box.

I had to take -ldl out before it build cleanly. Can someone tell me more
about this library? What purpose does it serve?

After the first startup, kdevelop initialized the default settings,
configuring the qt and kde library docs installation path etc.
This works fine. I knew that there was a catch somewhere after I
discovered that when starting a new project, it didn't find the
tarballs for which it uses to setup a standard environment, e.g
mini.tar.gz, normal.tar.gz etc. These tarballs are in
/usr/X11R6/share/kde/apps/kdevelop/templates (by memory).

As it turned to be out, kdevelop doesn't create the new project
directory but a file of same name which has the missing tarball as its
contents.

This one beats me... I am going in circles... perhaps I am just
to tired....

Has someone else got around this problem and is willing to let me in
on this? This package looks very promising and I am very keen to get
it going.

Many thanks in advance

cheeiro Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes