Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/10/1999 15:10:43
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 01:10:23PM -0400, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> > It already exists under pkgsrc/devel/gmp.
>
> > > N pkgsrc/math/gmp/Makefile
>
> Sh*t. I did not see it.
>
> I will remove it. I think for the future we need for the web listing
> some sort of search engine and the feature, that packages with
> multiple categories will be listed in every one of these.

I also think that it would be nice to have 1 big readme that has
everything in alphabetical order (not just 1 catergory, but all packages)
that could be accessed.  This would be in addition to what we already
have.  The FreeBSD ports have this set up and its nice if you're just not
quite sure what a particular program would be filed under, but you know
the name.

-Dan