Subject: Re: detex package zero version
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/06/1999 18:19:30
On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can somebody please review http://www.rhein.de/~is/detex-pkg.tgz ?
>
> especially:
>
> read the soft-of-license in README, and tell what to add to Makefile
> (BUILD_PACKAGE=no, as we're supposed to only distribute (with) source?)

dan@cowboy-burt 149 # pwd
/usr/pkgsrc/textproc/detex

dan@cowboy-burt 150 # pkglint -a -b -c -N
OK: checking pkg/PLIST.
OK: checking pkg/COMMENT.
WARN: pkg/COMMENT must be one-liner.(currently 4 lines)
WARN: pkg/COMMENT includes lines that exceed 70 charactors.
OK: checking pkg/DESCR.
OK: checking Makefile.
WARN: use ${VARIABLE}, instead of $(VARIABLE).
WARN: possible use of absolute pathname "/usr/bin/tar", in Makefile.
OK: checking patches/patch-aa.
FATAL: RCS tag "$NetBSD$" must be present in patch patches/patch-aa.
OK: checking files/md5.
1 fatal errors and 4 warnings found.

looks like you have pkg/COMMENT and pkg/DESCR switched.  COMMENT is the 1
liner.  Also, instead of

detex - filter out TeX and LaTeX commands, leaving the text.

just do

filter out TeX and LaTeX commands, leaving the text.

pkg_info will display detex-2.7 before the COMMENT line.

also, do the VARIABLE change and add the RCS tag.

You may want to use $(TAR) instead of /usr/bin/tar.  I think ${TAR} is
there.

haven't had a chance to scope out the license.

hope this helps.

-Dan