Subject: Re: Change request for package system.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/05/1999 18:51:15
zandijk@cs.utwente.nl (Reinoud Zandijk) writes:
>2) Would it be possible for pkgsrc packages to attempt to fetch the
>precompiled binary's first (for the relevant architecture) before trying
>to fetch the sources? Could be an option ?? Since this automatically
>becomes recursive, significant compilationtime savings can be archieved!

The problem with that is that it doesn't guarantee that the binary packages
have been built with the options set in /etc/mk.conf, which I find rather
important.

>(Yes, I do have a slow computer ;-))

I do have slow computers to.  Fortunately they build packages while I do
other things.
--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)