Subject: Re: perl pkg
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/05/1999 18:31:36
perry@piermont.com (Perry E. Metzger) writes:
>I noticed our perl package is way behind the latest release. Anyone
>know who maintains it?

This is somewhat deliberate.  The perl pkg is not easy to update as
so much depends on it.  Also, for 5.005_xx the internal APIs changed
again and we need to validate all the other packages that use it.

There are some vague plans to change the pkg system to allow experimenting
with newer versions of perl, but I haven't had time for that and noone
else has picked it up.  Did you want to volunteer?

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)