Subject: Re: pkg/7968: games/xscrabble submission
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/12/1999 20:46:47
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

> mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:
>
> > >Number:         7968
> > >Category:       pkg
> > >Synopsis:       games/xscrabble submission

> > passes.  It does warn of the use of the absolute pathname "/var/games" for
> > the install of the high-score file.  I did not include the high score file
> > in PLIST as it will constantly change.
>
> You may want to look at some of the games packages I've done
> (games/moria and games/zombies) and how I've handled the score
> file there.  No one has complained about this method so far :-)

so what exactly does the line:

@exec if [ ! -f /var/games/moria.scores ]; then cp -p
%D/share/games/moria/scores.dist /var/games/moria.scores; fi

in /usr/pkgsrc/games/moria/pkg/PLIST

do?

I guess I never did understand the exec/unexec stuff in PLIST.

So should I move the line in my package source Makefile that does

        @if [ ! -f /var/games/xscrabble.scores ]; then \
                ${CP} -p ${WRKSRC}/xscrabble.scores \
                        /var/games/xscrabble.scores ; \
        fi

from the do-install target to post-install?  or should I just add a line
like yours in PLIST?

-Dan